We’re getting close to crowning champions in the NBA and NHL. In addition to seasons coming to a close, the baseball season is heating up. This week is loaded with some big matchups on the diamond. The Women’s College World Series is moving into its second week in Oklahoma City. The Road to Omaha is looking a little clearer as 16 squads move onto the Super Regionals. The global soccer scene would be prepping to kick off the World Cup in a normal year, but this year the world will get that excitement in November.
A slow time of the year, but teams are going through mini-camps across the league this week.
- Game 4: Colorado Avalanche at Edmonton Oilers (Avs lead 3-0) June 6th
- Game 4: NY Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning (Rangers lead 2-1) June 7th
- Game 5( If Needed) Edmonton Oilers at Colorado Avalanche June 8th
- Game 5 Tampa Bay Lightning at New York Rangers June 9th
- Game 6 (If Needed) New York Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning June 11th
- Golden State Warriors at Boston Celtics (Series Tied 1-1) June 8th
- Golden State Warriors at Boston Celtics June 10th
- New York Mets at San Diego Padres Monday thru Wednesday
- St. Louis Cardinals at Tampa Bay Rays Tuesday thru Thursday
- New York Yankees at Minnesota Twins Tuesday thru Thursday
- Tampa Bay Rays at Minnesota Twins Friday thru Sunday
- New York Mets at LA Angels Friday thru Sunday
- LA Dodgers at San Francisco Giants Friday thru Sunday
Since the World Cup is happening in November and not starting this week, all National teams are in action. Teams in Europe and North/Central America are competing in their Nations League Tournaments. Teams in Africa are competing in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifying. A few MLS matches will also be played over the weekend.
- US Men’s National Team vs Grenada June 10th at 10pm (CONCACAF Nations League)
- Germany vs England June 7th (UEFA Nations League)
- Belgium vs Poland June 8th (UEFA Nations League)
- Jamaica vs Suriname June 7th (CONCACAF Nations League)
- Canada vs Curacao June 9th (CONCACAF Nations League)
- Mexico vs Suriname June 11th (CONCACAF Nations League)
NCAA SOFTBALL WORLD SERIES: A National Champion will be crowned this week. You can catch the amazing action on ESPN.
NCAA BASEBALL SUPER REGIONALS: 16 College Baseball Teams move 1 step closer to Omaha over the Weekend. The 8 3-game series will produce the 8 teams heading to Nebraska.
Don’t forget to get your sports podcast fix with The Irrational Confidence Podcast (@IRConfidencePod) and The Photo Finish Podcast