The NFC West has produced multiple playoff teams the past 4 seasons as well as 2 Super Bowl participants. This division is as competitive as any division Year in and Year out. Last year saw the Cardinals and Rams collapse while the Seahawks surged forward in the post Russell Wilson era. This season brings us what appears to be organizational rebuilds in LA and Arizona. The Seahawks have loaded up the roster and want to prove they are sustainable. The 49ers have a Super Bowl Ready roster and their future falls on the shoulders of Brock Purdy.
- Can this offense move the ball without Kyler Murray (22nd in Total Yards in 2022)?
- Without Hopkins and Murray hurt, how will this team improve on scoring 20 points per game (21st in NFL)?
- The Cardinals allowed 46 sacks in 2022, can they protect the quarterbacks in 2023?
- The Cardinals were 21st in Total Yards Allowed in 2022, Can they finish in the Top 16?
- Can new HC Jonathan Gannon improve the Cardinals scoring defense (31st in NFL allowing 26.4 PPG in 22’)?
- As this roster is turned over, can they improve on their -5 Turnover Margin from 2022?
- Hollywood Brown, Zach Ertz, John Conner, Rondale Moore, Greg Dortich and Trey McBride all failed to play in all 17 games last year, can this team stay healthy in 2023?
- PLAYER TO WATCH IN CAMP: TE TREY McBRIDE
LOS ANGELES RAMS:
- Can the Rams stay healthy in 2023?
- The Rams offense can’t be worse (32nd in Total Yards & 27th in PPG) can they?
- The Rams offensive line allowed 59 sacks, can they drop that by at least 20 in 2023?
- Can RB Cam Akers produce his 1st career 1,000 yard rushing season?
- Will this secondary actually stop anyone?
- The Rams recorded 38 sacks in 2022, but with the loss of 23 of those sacks, who will provide a pass rush outside of Aaron Donald?
- Chill this finally be the season that WR TuTu Atwell actually contributes (18 career catches and 1 TD in 2 years)?
- PLAYERS TO WATCH IN CAMP: ROOKIE O-LINEMEN STEVE AVILA (#73) & WARREN McCLENDON JR.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS:
- Can Brock Purdy replicate his great 2022 in 2023?
- Can this team live up to their Super Bowl expectations?
- The 49ers were 1st in Total Yards Allowed per Game & 5th in Total Yards Gained per Game last year, can this team be better in 2023?
- The 49ers were +13 in Turnover Ratio in 2022 (led NFL), can they be better in 2023?
- Can Christian McCaffrey for a 1,500+ total yards / 12+ Touchdown season in 2023?
- Can Nick Bosa produce a 20+ sack season in 2023?
- Do the 49ers Trade Trey Lance if he can’t beat out Brock Purdy for the job (assuming there’s actually a competition)?
- PLAYER TO WATCH IN CAMP: ROOKIE S JI’AYIR BROWN
- Can the Seahawks return to the playoffs in 2023?
- Can this offensive line improve in 2023 (allowed 46 sacks in 2022)?
- Can Geno Smith repeat his career year of 2022 again in 2023?
- Reoccurring issue of RB Health…Can Kenny McIntosh take advantage of Walker and Charbonnet being out?
- Can the Seahawks defense improve on their 45 sacks in 2022?
- The Seahawks defense finished 26th in Total Yards Allowed per Game and 30th in Rush Yards Allowed per Game, Can they finish in the Top 16 in 2023?
- PLAYER TO WATCH IN CAMP: CB DEVON WITHERSPOON
Training Camp is when teams are made into Champions. A lot of solid role players will be cut in Camp, but their skills will land them a spot on another squad. The best team isn’t always the one with the most superstars, but the one that has everyone playing for each other. Don’t forget to subscribe to The Irrational Confidence Podcast (@IRConfidencePod on Twitter) on any podcast platform in addition to the Spinnable Sports YouTube Channel for all things Football this season.